- We've won a grant! And we can’t wait to start working with the international nonprofit Points of Light. http://t.co/xIJicO7xnu 05:21:02 PM May 16, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thanks to Points of Light, EPIC will have access to world-class curriculum and workshops on scaling up. http://t.co/LmwaxdyBVo 09:20:51 PM May 15, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hold on tight! EPIC is gaining even more momentum with the Points of Light peer-based Civic Accelerator program. http://t.co/LmwaxdyBVo 03:41:25 PM May 15, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We’re swingin’ into high gear! EPIC is pumped to kick off the 12-week Civic Accelerator program with Points of Light. http://t.co/LmwaxdyBVo 04:21:48 PM May 14, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Did you hear? EPIC's a grant winner from Points of Light, an org w/a mission to help us mobilize! WOOT. http://t.co/LmwaxdyBVo 03:09:16 PM May 13, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
You’ll meet other creative, whip-smart people you might not otherwise get to know—including people from highly regarded advertising and design boutiques across Chicago.
THAT FEEL-GOOD FEELING
You’ll help nonprofits that need your expertise. By extension, you will also help the people these nonprofits serve.
Being part of an eight-week creative rally is an adventure. It’s something like a reality TV show. After all, you don’t choose your team members or your client, so there’s an element of the unexpected. Imagine “Big Brother,” only nicer. And cooler.
We celebrate the work—and the people responsible for it. At the end of each rally season, we throw a launch party for all the teams and nonprofits involved. It’s a great time to mingle with new people and see the creative solutions designed by other teams.
We’re not asking you to sign your life away. The commitment is finite: creatives donate about five to ten hours per week for eight weeks. That includes a two-hour weekly meeting, plus three to eight hours of time of designing, writing and/or concepting.
Your rally ends in eight weeks, but that doesn’t mean your relationship with EPIC has to end. You’re welcome back any time—as a volunteer, supporter, advocate or even, yes, as a participant in another rally.